The exhibition building of the Vienna Secession, colloquially known as the Secession, was built in 1897/98 by Joseph Maria Olbrich. The Vienna Secession was an art movement, that was formed in 1897 by a group of Austrian artists, including Josef Hoffman, Koloman Moser, Otto Wagner, and Gustav Klimt. (Link: Vienna Secession)
To the left of the front door is the motto Ver Sacrum („Holy Spring“), which is supposed to express hope for a new artificial bloom. Below the dome, the motto of the Secession is emblazoned in gold letters: Der Zeit ihre Kunst, der Kunst ihre Freiheit (To every age its art, to every art its freedom) by Ludwig Hevesi.
CORONA (2020) – Rahman Hak-Hagir, Alina Ferrufino
• VER SACRUM
• DER ZEIT IHRE KUNST, DER KUNST IHRE FREIHEIT
Video Doc. | Public Performance
3:23 min. | Full HD
Austria, 7th of May, 2020